To make truss rod set-up and adjustment more convenient, Warmoth Pro construction necks feature the Gotoh side adjustment mechanism. Inserted between
the usual truss rod adjustment nut at the heel and the truss rod, this ingenious device uses inclines and wedges to make small rod tension adjustments.
Initial set-up is still accomplished at the traditional butt end, but future small adjustments are then conveniently done on the side of the neck.
Unfortunately Gotoh does not offer these mechanisms left-handed. Lefty Warmoth Pro necks only offer heel adjustments on straight necks,
and peg-head adjustments on angled necks.
Side-Adjust Reset Procedure
Most necessary relief adjustments can be accomplished using only the side adjust nut. If you have completely tightened or loosened
the side adjust nut and still need to make further adjustments, you may need to reset the side adjuster by removing the neck and
using the following steps:
- Completely loosen the slotted heel-adjust nut.
- Turning clockwise, tighten side-adjust nut until it stops.
- Back side-adjust nut out 7 (seven) complete turns. This will center it in its best operating range.
- Tighten heel-adjust nut until fingerboard is perfectly flat (has no forward curve).
- Attach neck and tune to pitch. Detune strings and make necessary relief adjustment with side-adjust nut. Repeat as necessary.