Will it Fit My Guitar?
Fender® pioneered the detachable neck concept 50+ years ago. To this day, they continue to use the same basic
dimensions on most of their offerings. Many other manufacturers have adopted these dimensions into some of
their own products (Kramer, ESP, Ibanez, Schecter, etc.)
Unfortunately, this is not universal and we do see neck / body mismatches. Warmoth has held to the Fender® USA
dimensions in all our offerings (exceptions noted).
To check compatibility of non Fender instruments, the simplest method is direct comparison. The critical dimensions for guitars are below:
See Known Incompatibilities for more information.
- Neck pocket
- depth 5/8" (16 mm)
- length 3" (76 mm)
- width 2-3/16" (56 mm)
- Scale length
- (measure from nut to 12th fret x 2) is 25-1/2" (648 mm)
- distance from nut to 12th fret 12-3/4" (324 mm)
- to the heel (not extended fingerboard) is 18-7/16" (468 mm)
- Distance from heel to midpoint of bridge saddle adjustment is 7-1/8" (181 mm)
These Fender® guitar models are non-standard and are NOT compatible with Warmoth replacement bodies and necks.
- Roadhouse Strat® - 22 fret with no fingerboard overhang
- Big Apple Strat® - 22 fret with no fingerboard overhang
- Lonestar Strat® - 22 fret with no fingerboard overhang (21 fret version is compatible with Warmoth parts)
- Nashville Tele® - 22 fret with no fingerboard overhang
- Fat Tele® - 22 fret with no fingerboard overhang
- Fat Strat® - 22 fret with no fingerboard overhang
- Heavy Metal Strat®
- Heavy Metal Tele®
- Jagmaster® - Unknow specs
We get questions about these guitars as well. Generally, these are not compatible with Warmoth replacement bodies and necks:
- G & L
- Gibson and other neck-through guitars
- Music Man